Friday, August 17, 2012

Body Pump

Last night, I did Body Pump for the first time. It. Was. Awesome. Seriously, I was shaking, and burning, and I loved every second of it. Afterwards, I stayed for half of Zumba. I had to leave due to a prior engagement, but it felt so good to push my body and know that I could really do two hours of classes if time allowed for it. It sounds insane, but I left the gym feeling like I'd already lost weight. And I know it was purely mental, but it was such a good motivation to do it again.

I did weigh myself this morning, and I'd lost a pound. A friend who's lost 95 pounds told me that when she was losing weight, she would vow to never see that number on the scale again. So if she ate badly one day, she wouldn't weigh herself the next day, because the next number she saw always had to be lower than the last. I love that. So when I weighed myself this morning, I promised myself I would NEVER see that number again. I won't divulge what I weigh, but that's a promise I want to keep to myself.

Oh, and I never a new favorite breakfast- refrigerated oatmeal. It's all over Pinterest, and I finally gave it a shot. I put 1/2 c quick oats in a jar, and 3/4 c unsweetened almond milk. I threw in a small handful of blueberries, put the lid on, shook it up, and stuck it in the fridge overnight. The next morning, I sprinkled a tiny bit of Great Grains cereal on top for some crunch, and it was delicious. When I eat my spinach smoothies, I'm hungry again within an hour or two. After eating this though, I was fine until lunch. Fantastic!

Also, as I was writing this, a coworker asked me if I've been losing weight. If that's not motivation, I don't know what is. I just feel happy today. And I haven't felt this way in months. I forgot how much I love the gym. I crave it now. Zumba tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment