Monday, March 26, 2012

Shoes!

Guess what I did this weekend! (Don't really guess, I'm just going to show you.)


Yay! I went to Road Runner and finally got fitted for running shoes. I was really intimidated at first-I know it's silly, but the guy helping me was extremely attractive, and I had no idea what I was doing. But it went really well, and after paying a pretty penny, I got these babies. I love them.

They shape an insert to your foot, and even though it cost as much as my shoes, I fell for it and bought it. I have really high arches, so the new arch support is going to take some getting used to. I wore them to Zumba on Saturday morning, and my toes started cramping about 10 minutes in, but it didn't last long.

Today, I'm starting the Couch Potato to 5K program, and I'm so excited. In case anybody is wondering, this is the schedule I'm following. I'm excited because I feel like going running gives me so much more freedom. I love doing the classes at the gym, but I feel like without them I don't work as hard, so I'm a slave to whatever time the class is at. And if I can't make it to class, I usually just don't go, which is terrible, and I know that. I have a friend running with me, and she's the type that will make sure I go, so that's great.

I just really, really want to do this.

I also love the gym, so I'm planning to go to Zumba or Body Pump still on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays that I don't work. I did really well making healthy eating choices last week, so snaps for me. I suppose I should weigh myself and post a project picture soon.. Next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment