Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My first "run"

So, I went on my first "run" yesterday. It's ridiculous to even call it that, considering how little running I did. The schedule for the first week is three days of running 60 seconds, then walking 90 seconds for 20 minutes.

I looked at that, and thought, "That's ridiculously easy. I should skip to the second week." My friend convinced me to just start with the 60 seconds, and I'm so glad she did.

Guys. I'm not out of shape. I very seriously believe that your size doesn't determine your fitness level, and I promise you that when I'm at the gym, I don't do things half way. I kick my freaking butt until I want to die, and I'm proud of how hard I push myself.

And yesterday was still so hard. I've never enjoyed running. I have asthma (yet never take an inhaler) and for some reason, my lungs have always burned like nobody's business when I run. By the end of the first 60 seconds, even though I practiced steady breathing the whole time, I was out of breath. And it was terrible.

Eventually, the breathing got better, but my feet/calves kept getting worse. It was only my second time wearing my shoes, and I could tell. My feet still were cramping up from the arches, and it was the hardest part of the whole thing. I think I'm going to start wearing them around all of the time to break them in, because that was not cool.

Other than that, I didn't hate it. We went about 1.5 miles in the twenty minutes, which isn't great, but it is what it is. Part of that is because I was walking slower than I do on average due to the foot pain.

And on the plus side, I'm sore today-not the bad sore...the sore that hurts so good-in my abs, my inner thighs, I can feel that I worked them.

Hope day two is a little better!

No comments:

Post a Comment