Monday, March 19, 2012

Alright guys, I have to get back on track. Seriously.

The last three weeks, we had family staying with us for a family wedding. I know that that's no excuse, but it made it really hard to keep up with buying my own groceries and making my own dinner. There were tons of leftovers from the wedding in the fridge (carrot cake daily for a week? it happened), and 6 people in the house (including two kids) instead of 2. It was fun, but I'm ready to whip back into shape.

A couple of weeks ago, my friend and I volunteered at the Phoenix Marathon. I've NEVER been a runner. I hate it. I get shin splints, and want to vomit. I can kickbox, Zumba, elliptical, you name it, for a long time and be totally fine. But running just kills me.

Something about watching all those runners inspired me, though. There were men and women at LEAST in their 80's, little kids, strong athletes, and people bigger than I am.

I've been saying for years that I want to train for a 5k. And I need to stop talking and just do it. I need to just find one in a few months, and sign up for it, forcing me to get prepared. So this weekend, after I get paid on Friday, I'm going to invest in a good pair of running shoes, and stop making excuses.  I may hate it and quit when I reach my goal. But I need to reach it, to prove to myself that I can.

I also have been super inspired by Mama Laughlin. She just finished the 30 Day Shred (oh, remember how I bought that and never did it? Typical Heidi), and had fantastic results.  The thing that holds me back from doing it daily is that I live with my aunt (who I love), but I feel silly doing a workout video alone when other people are home. I just have a complex like that. I need to stop worrying about it and be committed.

As far as eating goes, that's where I need to make the biggest change again. It's not even a matter of not wanting to eat clean and healthy-the problem is my lack of planning. After work today, I'm heading straight to the grocery store, and stocking up so that I have NO EXCUSES.

Here's to a fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment