Thursday, September 13, 2012

 I haven't posted in a while, but I haven't quit. I've been working harder than ever, actually. The bad news is that I've only lost three pounds. In a month. However, my ring is getting loose, my collar bones are starting to show, and for the first time last night, I walked by a mirror, and was really surprised at how much I didn't hate what I saw. I could see that there is progress to be made, but also could see that I've come farther than I thought in the last month.

The hardest thing has been having to find the motivation within myself. To be honest, my friends are supportive. Just not encouraging, if that makes sense. They tell people I live at the gym, and I love being that girl. But, they don't tell me I'm doing awesome, or that they can see a change. This morning my boss told me how awesome it is that I'm going to the gym every day, and it was the most uplifting thing anybody has said about how hard I'm working. It felt good. 

Anyway, I thought I'd just share a few pictures I've snapped of my journey over the last few weeks.
 First off, zucchini pizza. I'm pretty sure it is the greatest thing I have ever had in my life, and it's my all time favorite meal. Slice the zucchini, and steam if until it's still a little crunchy, but soft in the center. Then I arrange them all on a pan, put a little tomato sauce on each, and sprinkle with low fat mozzarella. Then I throw it in the oven for about 5 minutes on 350, and eat! When I'm sad and craving comfort food (pizza), this fills me up, without the carbs, and with all of the flavor.

  
I usually whip up a spinach smoothie for breakfast, but lately have noticed that on the days I eat oatmeal in the morning, I'm much fuller for longer. I was craving sweet, so I used 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, stirred in about a tablespoon of dark chocolate chips, a few slivered almonds, and a small amount of coconut. Shake it and refrigerate overnight. I couldn't even finish it, it was so filling. And it's SO EASY! It took less than 5 minutes to prepare, and I wake up 5 minutes later the next morning and just grab it and eat at my desk. :)
I feel like this picture is much more forgiving than I actually look. But it was an encouragement to see, anyway.
I decided this week to write up my weekly schedule of what workout I was planning to do, and what other things I had going on that evening. (Yes, I watched the VMA's a week late.) When it's written out and hanging in my room, I feel much more inclined to follow through. I haven't missed a work out yet this week, and I feel great! The picture on the left was after my workout last night. I did a circuit of a variety of weight machines, at 12 reps each with moderate weight, 5 minutes of the stair master (shoot me.), and repeated it three times. I finished off with twenty minutes on the elliptical, varying my incline and resistance. I was DRIPPING sweat.


The only terrible thing about working out every day is that I can no longer wash my hair only three times a week. When I leave the gym, you could wring sweat out of it. Blow drying my hair is my least favorite thing to do, and now it's a daily thing. But totally worth it for the results I know I'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment