Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Update and Goals

Yes, yes, I know, I missed blogging last week.. I may or may not have intentionally not weighed myself out of fear that a certain time of the month would disrupt the outcome. It happens.

But I weighed myself yesterday and am down 6.4 pounds! Not ideal, but I am happy with anything, honestly. I keep reminding myself that I'm working out and (hopefully) gaining muscle also.


In 2 days, it will have been a month since I started. And I can honestly say I don't crave sugar at all anymore, or carbs usually. Yes, when a friend took me to Lolo's chicken and waffles, I ate half of a waffle.. and the same with the eggnog shake that another friend bought for me.


And then I worked my butt off at the gym.


Here's my theory. (Yes. Another one. I'm full of them.)


A month ago, I would have eaten 3 waffles, and 2 pieces of fried chicken, then chased it down with 2 or 3 Dr. Peppers. So I don't feel any remorse or guilt for eating ONE HALF of a waffle and having the self control to stop there.


Because I am so happy to finally feel a sense of control over my eating habits.


I had a really emotional week this past week, dealing with some really sad things that friends and family are going through. And when I got home, drained from emotion almost every night, I had the temptation to run to the fridge, and eat away my feelings. Just like when I was going through my divorce.



But I didn't.


And I will add that to the list of things to celebrate about myself.

Goals for this week:


1. Find cute ways to fit into the clothes I already have and dress them up a little more.

(my first attempt-I've never belted a shirt in my life. I was missing out!)

2. Lose at least 1.5 pounds.


Ready, set, go!













No comments:

Post a Comment